Friday, May 28, 2010

Cards, Cards & More Cards!

Oh my, it's been so long since I shared cards with you! I apologize for that! I'll try to do better in staying caught up with sharing my cards and projects with you. Here they are:

Birdhouse Card
For this card, I used
  • Naturals Ivory cardstock
  • Mellow Moss cardstock
  • Really Rust designer series paper from the Hostess Level 1 patterns pack
  • 1 3/8 inch circle punch
  • Two-Step bird punch
  • Modern Label punch
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Two-Way Glue Pen - to adhere the leaves, because it's easier than using a SNAIL
  • Crimper - for the roof
  • Scallop Edge punch - for the roof edge
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes

Mother's Day Card

For this card, I used

  • Two-Step Bird punch - for the flower, use the wing, and turn so the point is inward. For the buds, and for the green bud bases, cut the round end of the wing off and adhere pointed side on each stem.
  • Two-Way Glue Pen
  • Fire Brad
  • Boho Blossoms punch - for flower center with So Saffron cardstock
  • Very Vanilla cardstock
  • Melon Mambo cardstock
  • Mellow Moss cardstock

    I was so excited to have this card win the "wow" category at our monthly demonstrator's meeting. It was a fun card to make, and I am glad I was able to share it with my fellow demonstrators!

Workshop Card - Birds

For this card, I used

  • The More the Merrier
  • Real Red cardstock
  • Crushed Curry cardstock and polka dot ribbon
  • Real Red Classic Ink
  • Crushed Curry Classic Ink
  • Sprinkles stamp set

Shimmery Peacock card

For this card, I used

  • Very Thankful
  • 1 3/4 inch circle punch
  • Scallop Trim punch
  • Bella Bleu designer series paper
  • Not Quite Navy cardstock
  • Stampin Dimensionals
  • Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Marker
  • Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker
  • Brocade Blue Stampin' Write Marker
  • Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker
  • Frost White Shimmer Paint and a sponge dauber

    I think a little instruction is helpful on this one. First, I colored the peacock stamp with the Sahara Sand Marker. Then, I used the Brocade Blue marker on some parts of the bird. Then, I colored a couple of the roses and the peacock's head feathers with the Pretty in Pink marker. Next, I colored the "eyes" on the peacock's tail with the Not Quite Navy marker. Lastly, I applied the Frost White Shimmer Paint lightly over the whole stamp, using a sponge dauber. Finally, stamp the image. It gives a soft, watercolor effect, and dries shimmery. You will absolutely LOVE this effect! Thanks Catherine Pooler for the inspiration and technique for this card!



Chocolate Bunnies card

For this card, I used

  • Bashful Blue cardstock
  • Chocolate Chip cardstock
  • Whisper White cardstock
  • Cottage Wall designer series paper
  • Stampin Dimensionals
  • Black journaling marker
  • Chocolate Bunny
  • Paper Snips
  • Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
  • Chocolate Chip Craft Ink
  • Brayer
  • Scallop Circle punch

To create the bunny in reverse, ink the stamp with craft ink. Roll the brayer over the stamp, and your image will be transferred to the brayer. Roll the brayer on the Whisper White cardstock, and you have a reverse image. So totally cool! I jumped up and down after I created this. My family thought I was nuts! Cut out your rabbits, and use the Scallop Circle punch to cut out one bunnie's rear end, and the other bunnie's ears. Thanks to Susan Peters for the inspiration for this card!



Purse card

For this card, I used

  • Rose Red cardstock
  • Rose Red designer series paper
  • Whisper White cardstock
  • Rose Red 1/4 grosgrain ribbon
  • Vintage Brads and hole punch
  • Top Note die

Cut a Top Note from the Rose Red cardstock and designer series paper. You can cut both at the same time. Cut them both in half, and trip the "wings" off. That is how to form the purse. For the two top brads, I punched a hole all the way through the Rose Red and Whisper White cardstock, and the ribbon. That makes sure the ribbon won't come out.



Wiper card


For this card, I used

  • Rich Razzleberry cardstock
  • Orchid Opulence cardstock
  • Cottage Wall designer series paper
  • Whisper White cardstock
  • Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon
  • Simply Said
  • Ice Rhinestone Brads
  • Scallop Trim punch

When you pull the sides of this card, a stamped image pops out of the top! It goes back down when you collapse the card, and is why it's called a Wiper card. The collapsed size is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4, the same size as the other cards I make.

Paper Bow

For this project, I used

  • Bella Blue designer series paper
  • Gold brads and hole punch
  • SNAIL
  • Stampin Dimensionals

This project uses a piece of 6x12 designer series paper. Cut 8 strips 1x6 inches, 1 strip 1x4 inches, and 5 strips 1x5 inches. It's important to cut the 1x4 strip BEFORE you cut the 1x5 inche strips! Fold them over and adhere the ends with SNAIL. The ends will not match up. They will overlap and stick out a little. The 1x4 inch strip will be adhered as a circle for the bow's center. Punch a hole toward the end of the other strips. Make 2, 4-petaled layers. You can put one brad through both of these layers. Use the 1x5 inche loops for the top layer, and place the circle in the middle of that layer. I used Stampin Dimensionals, 2 stacked, to hold the top layer to the bottom two. Pop-up Glue Dots would probably be better, but I didn't have those!

Small and Large Dressers


For this project, I used

  • Matchbox die
  • Top Note die (for large dresser)
  • Rose Red cardstock and designer series paper
  • Gold Brads and hole punch

For the small dresser, I used cardstock for the frame, and designer series paper for the matchbox die, cutting two of those. Cut them one at a time, so you don't lose the score lines for folding. Insert a brad in the end of each "drawer", and slide them into the frame! I made the large dresser the same way, except I cut 6 matchbox "drawers." I cut a Top Note piece for the top of the dresser. Have fun with this project!

No comments: