Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cards, cards, cards, cards!

I have gotten so far behind showing our Club projects! I'm going to post 4 of them right now and catch up! I love this time of year when I can create Christmas and winter holiday cards!


The first card features a technique I've been wanting to showcase - having the image appear through a "window" on the card front. Here's what I used:


Acorn stamp from The More the Merrier

1-1/4 and 1-3/8 inch circle punches

Soft Suede cardstock and polka dot ribbon, and classic ink

Naturals Ivory cardstock



Old Olive marker

Blender pen

SNAIL

Polka dot texture plate with Big Shot



First, I ran a piece of 5-1/4 x 4 inch Naturals Ivory cardstock through the Big Shot with the larger Polka Dot texture plate. Then, I used the 1-3/8 inch circle punch in the upper right corner, but not too far toward the edge. Next, I tied a knot in the ribbon and attached to the front of the Naturals Ivory piece. Then, I held the cardstock to the front of the Soft Suede base, and as carefully as possible (probably held my breather a little), punched a hole through the Soft Suede using the 1-1/4 inch circle punch. You'll end up with a thin circle of Soft Suede that frames the Naturals Ivory.


I stamped the acorn image on Naturals Ivory using Black Stayz On, and colored with the marker and blender pen (with Soft Suede ink). I punched it out using the 1-3/8 inch circle punch, and adhered it inside the card, making sure it lines up well with the "window." A simple, but fun card to create!


The snowman card is my personal favorite among these 4. Thanks to Kim Allen for sharing this one at a demonstrator meeting! Here's what I used:





Bermuda Bay cardstock and polka dot ribbon
Black cardstock
Whisper White cardstock
Circle punches - 1 inch, 1-1/4 inch, 1-3/8 inch
Crop-a-dile
Black marker
Pumpkin Pie cardstock
Tombow adhesive
Two-way glue pen
Chunky clear glitter
Greeting from Snow Swirled


Cut a piece of black cardstock 5 x 3-3/4 inches, and adhere to a piece of 5-1/4 x 4 inch white cardstock. Adhere to the Bermuda Bay card base. Cut a piece of white cardstock 3-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches. Rip the top edge along the 3-1/2 inch side. Apply Two-way glue pen to both ripped edges, and then apply the chunky glitter. you'll invert the smaller ripped piece, and adhere slightly underneath the larger piece, giving the look of snowy ground. Stamp the greeting on the bottom of the larger glittered piece using black ink.

Use the circle punches to make the snowman from white cardstock. The larger circle goes on the bottom, the smallest on the top. Tuck the bottom circle in between the two pieces of snowy ground. I used the Crop-a-dile to punch black buttons, the marker for the eyes, and cut a tiny piece of Pumpkin Pie for the nose. I used Tombow to adhere the scarf to the "neck". This is an easy one to make a bunch of, and very cute!


This is probably the easiest of the 4 cards. I can see this one made with various colors for any occasion where a gift is involved. Here's what I used:




Soft Suede cardstock and ink
Old Olive cardstock and ribbon from the Sleigh Bells set
Christmas Cocoa specialty paper
Modern Label punch
Merry Christmas greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes
Stampin' Dimensionals


Adhere the piece of 5 x 3-3/4 inch specialty paper to a piece of 5-1/4 x 4 inch Old Olive cardstock. I used 3 pieces of ribbon for this one. The shortest goes across the small side, the medium across the long side, and the longest piece was used to tie a bow around the small-side ribbon. I stamped the greeting using Soft Suede ink on white cardstock, and punched out using the Modern Label punch. I adhered the greeting to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. I did adhere the pieces to the card base before tying the large bow, so I wasn't trying to put SNAIL on the back of something bumpy.


Last but not least, I really wanted to use some of the Shimmer paint from the Holiday Mini-Catalog, so I designed this card. Here's what I used:


Frost White Shimmer Paint
Sponge dauber
Snowmen from The More the Merrier
Greeting from Snow Swirled
Snowflakes from Christmas Punch
Stampin' Dimensionals
Night of Navy cardstock
Bordering Blue cardstock
Ticket Corner punch


First, I finished the edges of the Night of Navy pieces (5-1/4 x 4, and 2-1/4 x 3-1/4), with the Ticket Corner punch, and a piece of Bordering Blue, cut 2-1/2 x 3-1/2. I poured a little of the shimmer paint in the bottle's cap (a little goes a long way) and dipped the top of a sponge dauber in the lid. You can dab your stamps with the sponge dauber, and then stamp on the cardstock. I applied the snow under the image using the sponge dauber. Apply the snowflakes and greeting in the same manner. This will take a few minutes to dry. In this case, the Night of Navy paper is so dark that the white shimmer paint appears to be silver. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the snowmen image to the card base. Fun stuff!


I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, surrounded by family and friends! I look forward to sharing the new Occasions Mini-Catalog and Sale-a-Bration items with you next month! Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: