Saturday, October 31, 2009

Monkeys on Film!


First, I want to apologize for my lack of posts this month. H1N1 hit our house. Everyone is OK now, but creating anything (even dinner) and posting on my blog was the last thing on my mind! Now to the fun stuff!


As a former professional photographer, I love this filmstrip technique! I know, no one shoots film anymore, so I guess this is an "old timey" technique. Guess I'm old timey, too! What you'll need:


  • Bermuda Bay cardstock, cut 4.25x11, scored at 5.5 inches, and a piece for photo corners

  • Basic Black cardstock - cut 2x4.5 inches, and a piece for the photo corners

  • Whisper White cardstock - 3 pieces cut 1.25 inches square

  • Black Stayz On ink

  • Bermuda Bay Classic ink

  • Close to Cocoa Classic ink

  • Blender pen

  • Spiral punch

  • Photo Corners punch

  • Stampin' Dimensionals

  • SNAIL adhesive

  • I used the Monkey from the Sock Monkey stamp set for this card.

Using Stayz On ink, stamp the monkey head on each of the Whisper White squares. To help create the illusion of motion, I skewed the image a little differently each time I stamped. Color the monkey using a blender pen and Bermuda Bay, Close to Cocoa inks.


Punch both long sides of the Black cardstock using the Spiral Punch. Line up your punches so that they are directly across from each other. Adhere the stamped images to the punched black strip. I adhered this to the card at an angle, again for the effect of motion.


Using the Photo Corner punch, create large black corners, and adhere smaller Bermuda Bay corners on top. I attached these to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.


This is a really easy card to create, and lots of fun! I can see this made with a tremendous variety of colors and images. Have fun!

No comments: